Wednesday 13 November 2013

"Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow" - Shaira Berg


Yesterday I sat beneath the apple tree,
The leaves fell on my shoulders like the snow that fell to the ground,
The smell of autumn overwhelmed me with an essence of nature,
A security within itself, guiding me to sweet innocence.

Today I sit beneath that same apple tree,
Wondering how things change so fast,
Now I look up through the branches,
As if I were scanning an x-ray. Everything has become too clear, too harsh,
The sweet smell has faded into a sickly smell of decaying fruit,
No longer a security, instead a sick feeling of nostalgia.

Tomorrow I will return to the apple tree,
I will look up towards the branches as memories will flood my head.
I will remember the very first time I sat beneath the apple tree.
A child will run around the tree, leaves crunching under their shoes,
Displaying innocence I once had.

by Shaira Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment