Tuesday 12 November 2013

Yesterday Today and Tomorrow - Caroline vW

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

Yesterday was full of joy
Always smiles on my face
From learning and from friends
I was the happy girl

Waving hair onto my shoulders
The apples of my cheeks
Glowing on my face
Big eyes looking up to him

Gymnastics waiting every Wednesday
Being crazy with my friends
While in school I was shy
Always quiet, never talked

Today I am in Switzerland
Don't care 'bout strangers' thoughts
I will do what I want
But I will always think

I am responsible
Take care of others' kids
Saving money for that time
When I live on my own

Tomorrow's standing 'round the corner
But I am stuck in today
I am waiting for the future
To come my way

I will travel, I will see
All the beauty of the world
I will fall in love and carry
My better half around

I want mini-mes in the world
Together with my man
I want love and happiness 
And do all I can

6 comments:

  1. I really like the way you explained how you looked in your childhood in your second stanza.
    Julian Pohl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how well you expressed yourself in this poem. The poem describes you really well. Everything is recognizable of you and your dreams from my perspective at least.
    I also like the enjambment in stanza 7, line 27 and 28.
    Jaclyn Parris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you have explored yourself in this, and really put a lot of thoughts into this. Good Job

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you used mini-mes and better half in your Poem. This Shows that you refelected on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you showed the change you have made and want to make throughout your lifetime, it shows you really took this assignment seriously and reflected on yourself as a person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do really like your first stanza, because it shows what a happy past you had in Holland and how you miss it, very good expression of your feelings!
    -Caroline w

    ReplyDelete