Sunday 10 November 2013

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow -Billie Tyrell

Yesterday I had no troubles,
just happiness and
laughter shaped my life.
My toys were
smiling at me constantly.

Now comes Today
where school eats my time,
no place for
those toys, just seeking for sleep.
But dreams have arrived
to keep me from falling, so no matter
what, ill always keep on going.

Snap twice
and tomorrow arrives,
so blurry but fast, you succeeded
your dreams.
College is over and family has come.
New challenges are made for ,e
to overcome.

4 comments:

  1. The way of referring as the future already happening was creative and different. I don't see any rhyming. And the language was safe but descriptive an fit set a mental image. I like the content and the relation of how in the past toys were smiling and today you just want sleep, the contrast is effective.

    :) Ambre

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have comunnicated your poem really well, as I am in it right now. But I would have wished some rhymes, so there is more flow in it. I also really like the first stanza where I can see how happy your past was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your formulation of your text.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete