Thursday 21 November 2013

Sonnet - Caroline van Winkel

Unchosen love
I love you although I did not choose to
You loved me before I was in your arms
Why did I emf up also loving you?
Oh dear brother, you welcomed me so warm
At times I was mad at you, others not
You forced me to cook while you played your games
Said: "I'm older" when I suddenly got
The TV remote, and you also called me names
Three years difference, and now you're away
You are alone in the fright'ning city
Surviving on your own every day
I know you oh so well, like ABC 
I lived, laughed, and cried with you, my brother
You, you are a brother like no other

3 comments:

  1. I liked the way you've described your love towards your brother and I think you should end the paragraph or the sentence with a punctuation mark so that the reader can know how he has to read it. For eg: Take a small pause and continue or stop and then there is a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you chose to write about sibling/ family love, its a new way to look at it and it works out really well. I also like how you portrayed the love hate relationship between you and your brother, it reminds me of my childhood and makes it sound like you really mean what you say.
    Ladina Brunner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the overall message of the poem and the the strong word choice. I enjoyed the way you showed conflicted feelings and emotions.
    Renua Raje

    ReplyDelete