Sunday 10 November 2013

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
Ladina Brunner



Yesterday I was climbing trees,
Scraping up my knees
Reveling without a cause

Yesterday I lived in 3 different places
All calling out
To be my favorite

Today I am a tourist 
In my own country

Today I have stronger bonds
With people like me

Tomorrow calls to me,
Reminds me that life is short

Tomorrow forces me to make decisions,
Decisions i'm not ready for

Tomorrow motivates me 
To spend my days
Practicing my passion

Tomorrow lets me
give someone a new life

Yesterday was bittersweet
Today is good and bad
Tomorrow is eagerly waiting
Watching what I become


2 comments:

  1. I think the personification you use saying:" Tomorrow calls me" is a great usage of literary devices.
    Julian Pohl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the way you described yourself,you are like an outsider in your own country.
    Cédric Hyafil

    ReplyDelete