Sunday 17 November 2013

Ladina Brunner Connotation Poem

Childhood is the state or period of being a child.
But childhood is more than that.
Childhood is...
Pigtails and ruffly skirts
and curly blonde hair

Childhood is going to horseshoe beach
and exploring the mysterious rocks
like i'm trekking up Mount Everest

Childhood is climbing trees
and scraping up my knees on the rough bark

Doing ballet for a week
in my pink tutu
then giving up

Childhood is eating crunchy carrots
straight from the vegetable garden

Childhood is hunting is hunting for colorful eggs on easter
with my bunny basket

Childhood is light up sketchers
and wheeling around in my pink heelys 

Childhood is packing my bags 
and going on vacation in my backyard

Childhood is spending time with my family
and bickering with my brother and sister over nothing

Isn't being a carefree child wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment