Thursday 28 November 2013

Sonja Ballad

Sonja Milekovic
Ms. Klasen
English 10
29.11.13

Ballad

When I was little,
Mama was a perfect lady.
Cooking, cleaning, always telling me
That I acted a little crazy.

When I was little,
I didn't want to be grow up to be
Anything like her.
I yearned to be free.

Free of oppression,
Free of blatant inequality,
Free of the stereotypes
Free to create a new equality.

When I was older,
I grew up to be a businesswoman,
Which isn't an easy task,
When your college professor is a sexist human.

Now I walked through the office,
Cause you're paying me less,
You're a real sexist pig,
And I deserve a raise.

I do the job better than men,
I deserve to be paid like 'em!
This is the 60's,
Women are no longer precious gems!

Why thank you sir.
Yes that is a fine raise.
Thank you for seeing things
my way; this is the highest praise.

OUTRAGE
WOMAN PAID SAME AS A MAN
FEMALE FIRED
BOSS BEATEN UP.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you incorporated the style of the ballad we were given as an example by using your message to express the matter in a simmilar way. Language and vocab is very good. Shaira Berg

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you explained the story throughout different stages of life really suited the poems Topic and went well with the details of the Content.

    ReplyDelete