Thursday 28 November 2013

Renua - Balled

My Name is Dylan
I am only four
My Daddy never used
to hit me before

Lady, Lady
I Need some ice
He punched me in the eye
It was not very nice

Excuse me, excuse me
I freeze with fright
As the door SLAMS
I fear the pain that awaits me tonight

While he shouts in my face
Youre such a waste
he kicks my knee
with a look of distaste

"Im sorry" I scream
As he balls up his fists
Grabbing me by my wrists
He is daring me to resist

I know its my fault
for not being what he wants
If he found me perfect
He would not subject me to his taunt

Nobody listens
Nobody cares
Im just a child
Messing in their affairs

BOY AGED 4
FOUND DEAD ON THE STREET
FATHER OF BOY MISSING SINCE JUNE

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you layed out this poem, it gives a deep insight into the issue that you are adressing and makes the reader sense the emotion expressed in the poem. Shaira Berg

    ReplyDelete