Thursday 7 November 2013

 

I am From - Leslie Post

 
Born in the city,
carried to the countryside.
People wonder about my insanity,
but i don't try to hide.
 
Where am I from, that's a wisdom.
Lying in my bed like a dead man,
i wonder; Am i swiss or amerikan.
no one knows, where i am from.
 
When i was a little girl
I ran through the dark forest,
happy but also scared,
playing like a pretty prinzess.
 
My kingdom was fleeting,
because I was growing.
The harmonizing green grass
changed to a stinking pass.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love the line my kingdom was fleeting because it relates to being a princess, but at the same time it is a metaphor.
    Jaclyn Parris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Ending, really nice how you try to hide your face from the reader.
    Julian Pohl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your line happy but also scared because you brought two opposites together in one possitive thing.
    -Kim Post

    ReplyDelete