Thursday 8 May 2014

Goolge trip- Billie Tyrell


On our trip to Google we first heard a presentation about what Google really is and how it works. During that I learnt a lot of new things that I never would have known of before and was really stunned by what Google is able to do. One thing that really stayed in my mind was that Google wasn’t actually called like that, they had made a spelling mistake and since then it is called like Google. I also was quiet shocked how the world basically depends on Google, everybody knows Google, everybody uses Google in their ever day life.

After the presentation we had a tour around the entire building which is huge. We were allowed to look into all the rooms and see how all the staff there work. It was quiet inspiring to see how much passion people there put into their work, as it’s really what they want to do. We were able to look into a room they made especially for people that need a break. Several people were sleeping in there.  One thing that I remember really good is that one of my class mates asked our tour guide the question, “don’t you ever get bored and tired of sitting in front of the computer all day?” and he answered: “honestly, I can’t wait until this tour is finished so I can get back to work, so no I never get tired of it”. Working in Google must really mean it’s what you wanted to do all your life and you must love doing it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment