Thursday 8 May 2014

Cédric Hyafil-MGS V:The Pantom Pain Trailer

Cédric Hyafil

English

09/05

Metal Gear Solid V-Trailer
 
 
 
 
  Audience: Who do you think the commercial is targeting and why?
This commercial is targeting the fans of Metal Gear:Solid and also teenagers and young adults because the trailer is violent.
 
Buyology: What makes this commercial appealing (interesting to watch)? Why do you like it?

I like it because the graphics are really nice and it talks about a topic which is not usually seen in video games,that war is not a place where people are having fun shooting at random solider,but a place of death,pain,sorrow and mourning. Also the music fits perfectly with what is happening and the first time I have watched I was really shocked by the some parts (Kids fighting,torture equences ...ect)

 Techniques: What techniques does the creator use to sell the product?

Hideo Kojima uses a lot of emotive sequences and a really calm song to contrast his game with the battlefield. Also the in game sequences are subtitled with the new features and of course for people who knew the 10th previous,the entire gameplay has been changed with dynamics sequences and an open world.



 


1 comment:

  1. Because the commercial is 10 minutes long, I didn't watch all of it, but in the bits I did watch, I couldn't identify any techniques that we have learned. This commercial seems to be relaying on the watcher to already be familiar with the game series. However, the clips from the game and the music are made to be very dramatic, so I guess association could fit this commercial. They are trying to associate the game with being exciting and dramatic. Another technique that they use is highlighting characters from the previous games in the series that, I assume, people love or are very well known characters. If I read the commercial right, this would be the fifth game in the series, so I feel like they are running off customer loyalty at this point.

    ReplyDelete