Sunday 12 January 2014

Statements Richard

Richard Matalewski
Ms.Klasen
English A
10.1.14

The punishment for murder should always be death.I am neutral about capital punishment . I think when you murder one person you should see your mistake and get time to think about it in prison. However when someone kills many people, or they kill without a reason, the punishment should be death. If someone broke in to your house and they tried to kill you but instead you killed them, then you shouldnt be punished to death. However when some one kill your whole family, then he should be punished to death.

Teenager cant understand what true love is. I disagree with this statement, because love is love and doesn't matter how old you are. I think teenagers are able to have the same feelings as an adult. There is no age limit or true love or so. Every kind of love is an example.

Killing someone in revenge for killing a close friend of yours is okay. I disagree with this statement . This murderer das made a bad choice, but you have no right to kill him because of this. If you would kill him you would go to prison, and that is really not a place where you want to be. The murder should get a fair punishment, but you don't have a reason to kill him. For example if someone would murder your best friend then you cant kill for revenge. He need to get a fair punishment like every- one else.
http://jayativora.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/prison.jpg

Good friends should stick togheter at all times no matter how wrong a friend my be. I disagree with this statement because you can't know all things about your best friend maybe he has an evil side that you never noticed. I think you have the right to make your own decisions about that. For example  when a good friend of yours wants to borrow money, then its not a reason to give him money just because he is your best friend.

Parents should make decisions about their children's lives. I disagree with this statement. I think parents can help guide you to make the right decisions in your life but they can't force you to follow their choices. For example as a baby you can't make your own decisions, but later when you have your own opinion. Then your parents can guide, but not decide.


It is possible to fall in love at the first sight. I agree with this statement, because I think you can fall in love at the first sight, but that is really rare. Maybe you have luck when you meet someone and everything goes well, but I think in many times you need a little bit more time to get to know each other better. I think it could be both possible. I don’t really agree or disagree with that statement.

Telling lies or hiding the truth is acceptable for the right reasons. I agree with that statement. You should better not lie, but when it is necessary, then I think you must have to. Otherwise you would get in big trouble sometimes. When you would hide it, maybe it would never come out.
Lying is a bad thing, but sometimes you have don't have the choice. When I did something for which I would get in trouble, then I first try to ignore it and don't tell anybody of it before I would lie. 



Family feuds only affect adults. I disagree with that, because it can affect every one of the family members. There is a reason that it is named family feuds and not adult feuds or something like that. It can have many reasons for such fight for example mafia, gangs or clans where your family is involved. 

There are times when arranged marriage is appropriate. I strongly disagree with that statement. For me there is no reason for arranged marriage. Everyone has the right to love someone that they choose and not because their parents want to. Money or other things are not reason for an arranged marriage.

Each person has a soul mate. I choose disagree with that statement. I think that everyone is unique and there are no other of you that are the same. I am still the only one with my soul, maybe some are quiet similar but still not the same. Romeo and Julias souls might seem similar but I would say not 100% the same.







2 comments:

  1. I like how you structured your opinions; they were well formatted, clear and direct.
    It is good that you had an opinion over everything except capital punishment which is a neutral topic.
    I would recommend that maybe you go more in depth on some of your ideas to give others a better idea over exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete