Sunday 12 January 2014

I agree! I disagree! Caroline vW

I agree! I disagree!
1. The punishment for murder should always be death.
I STRONGLY DISAGREE with this statement, because I do not believe that lives should be taken, so not even the lives of people that have taken someone else’s life. I also believe that people that commit crimes like murder should be suffering, and death penalty is not as much suffering as spending your life in jail. Also, when a person is punished with death, indirectly the family is also punished, because they can never see that family member anymore. So, the death penalty only causes more grief. Therefore, I believe that the punishment for murder should be life long.


N.d. Photograph. Stars and Stipes. Web. 12 Jan. 2014. <http://starsandstripes.blog.com/files/2012/10/PB-Crenny-deathpenalty.jpg>.

2. Teenagers can’t understand what true love really is.
I stand NEUTRAL for this statement, because I do not think that anyone knows what true love really is until it happens to them. Anybody may think that they have found true love, but when it really happens I believe that it is true, no matter their age. There are many couples who find love in high school in their teenage years, get married, and live happily ever after. Therefore, I think the statement should be changed to no one understands what true love really is until it happens to them.



N.d. Photograph. Huffpost. Web. 12 Jan. 2014. <http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1150689/thumbs/o-HIGH-SCHOOL-SWEETHEARTS-facebook.jpg>.

3. Killing someone in revenge for killing a close friend of yours is okay.
I STRONGLY DISAGREE with this statement, because I do not think that killing someone can be justified in any way. You can not justify taking someone’s life in any way, also since you will be putting that person’s family and friends into grief for the rest of their lives. Eventhough you may also be in grief, just mood and smile someone else is not good. Therefore, I believe that the statement should be changed to killing someone in revenge for killing a close friend of yours is not okay.


N.d. Photograph. Peace Project. Web. 12 Jan. 2014. <https://www.peaceproject.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/S276_AnEyeForAnEyeMakesTheWholeWorldBlind.jpg>.


4. Good friends should stick together no matter how wrong a friend may be.
I DISAGREE with this statement, because most the times when a friend is doing wrong things that you do not agree with, this friend may not be as good as you think. If this friend keeps doing those things, without listening to you, this friend does not care as much about you as you do about him. Wrong friends can also pull you into this trouble, which may result in your life being ruined. Therefore, I believe that good friends should not stick together when one is doing wrong things.




N.d. Photograph. Blogspot. Web. 12 Jan. 2014. <http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OgIk1XBOwgI/RqSnHqQqH2I/AAAAAAAAAN4/qjxHlNkLX40/s320/bad_friend.jpg>.

5. Parents should make the decisions about their children’s lives.
I stand NEUTRAL for this statement, because I both agree, and disagree with this statement. Children should have the ability to choose their own middle and high school, subjects to take, and multiple other decisions. However, I also believe that part of the children’s lives should be decided by the parents, as children do not always make the right choices. How money is spent, and other important decisions of the kid’s younger life should be decided by the parents, and later on advice is enough. Therefore I believe that parents should make some of the decisions about their children’s lives.


N.d. Photograph. Blogspot. Web. 12 Jan. 2014. <https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhcjqEHr5nIIwsRqYKmqD-HG4auB_F-AnJbEviNulrWz-NW-Q3ubou7eji2cb3aZxJlzg95Whb75cassk5f6iNmG7PUWhiLeHPHSoB5t3ms15WwaYENH4fanQDKsZJB2kbg9ihb3CfSva9r/s1600/decisions2.jpg>.


6. It is possible to fall in love at first sight.
I AGREE with this statement, because my dad fell in love with my mother at first sight. My parents are still happy together, and the main reason they are together is because my dad, even though he didn’t know my mom, he made an effort to get to know her. I have heard plenty of other stories also supporting love at first sight, and I doubt that love at first sight is just a made up story. Therefore I think it is possible to fall in love at first sight.


N.d. Photograph. Blogspot. Web. 12 Jan. 2014. <https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjYqCBumk4-JiFwQ6_9AoIS_ASN_c-Q96UUwV_NFjCXSA0p7d4kmt-drdvAA-FlrFooFFD4e7sEQWbzm45vry7lFhR_ZgjUAQMgCMi1fo3PvkeNSFbpG7SZVSn82-f0zTj4mOdie3jIK_H1/s400/love-at-first-sight.jpg>.

7. Telling lies or hiding the truth is acceptable for the right reasons.
I AGREE with this statement, because in some cases it is better for everyone to hide the truth. For example, when you absolutely hate the color of someone's dress, but that person absolutely loves the dress, it is nicer to just smile and nod than to tell the truth. In cases like these the truth won't come out, and all you did was make that person happy. Therefore, I think it is okay to lie or to hide the truth in some cases.


N.d. Photograph. Vivianbee. Web. 12 Jan. 2014. <http://vivianbee.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/truth.jpg>.


8. Family feuds only affect the adults.
I STRONGLY DISAGREE with this statement, because it is a family feud and the entire family takes part in this feud. I believe this because children learn from their parents, therefore they will grow up agreeing with the feud. Children will never know any better because they learn from their family. In addition, children will not be able to communicate with the other family even if they wish to because the family will not allow that kind of interaction. Therefore, family feuds affect the whole family.


N.d. Photograph. Planet SoHo. Web. 12 Jan. 2014. <http://www.planetsoho.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Family_Feuds.jpg>.


9. Arranged marriage is appropriate in some cases.
I DISAGREE with this statement, because people have the right to find love for themselves. No one should be forced upon another if the element of love does not exist. On top of that, no one should make decisions for your future except for you. Forcing someone to a legal bond with a partner without their original approval is right in no cases. For example, Nojoud Ali got married when she was still a child, and got divorced at 10. She did not choose to get married to this man, who abused her in many different ways. Therefore, I think arranged marriage is not right and should be banned.


N.d. Photograph. Yimg. Web. 12 Jan. 2014. <http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/100611/feat_married-1613cmt.jpg>.


10. There is a soul mate for everyone.
I AGREE with this statement, because there are nearly 7 billion people in the world so their must be a match for each of them. A soul mate is someone who has similar interests and can socialize with about anything and everything.  Each person can find at least someone who balances them, but not everyone finds them. Therefore I think that there is a soul mate for everyone.


N.d. Photograph. The Things We Say. Web. 12 Jan. 2014. <http://www.thethingswesay.com/img/2455.jpg>.

No comments:

Post a Comment