Sunday 12 January 2014

Renua Raje
Ms. Klasen
English A 10
12.1.14
Romeo and Juliet Opinionnaire
The punishment for murder should always be death. I am neutral with this statement because sometimes the murder of someone if for the good of others, and killing that one person can save multiple lives. For example the US troops killing Osama Bin Laden was murder but they should not be punished, that is because it was justified murder. I think murder can sometimes be an accident, then those people definitely do not deserve to die. Therefore, I think the punishment for murder should be a trail to decide whether the murder was well deserved or not.
Teenagers can’t understand what true love really is, I am neutral with this statement because 13 year old's may not be able to understand true love though a 19 year old may be able to. I think all teenagers can fall in love with a person’s physical appearance but not true love because they do not love a person’s personality. 
Killing someone in revenge for killing a close friends of yours is okay. I am neutral with this statement because I strongly believe in revenge but I don’t believe murder is the best way. An example of this would be if someone you love kills your close friends you may not know whose side to be on. If someone killed my best friends i would not seek out to kill them because that will not bring them back. I also believe killing them is giving them the easy way out, they should be locked in prison or solitary confinement so they can suffer.
Good friends should stick together at all times no matter how wrong a friend may be. I disagree with this statement because no matter how great a friend is, if they do something really wrong you should distance yourself from them a little. An example of this would be if your friend robbed a bank, you may not want to be around them all the time and may separate. If my friend told me she wanted to drop out of school i would stick by her and hope i can convince her to change her mind.
Parents should make the decisions about their children’s lives. I agree with this statement because when children are younger they tend to need guidance and someone to tell them what to do. As a child gets older they don’t need their parents to make all of their decisions. Parents can still give their input but do not need to make all of their decisions concrete. For example my parents don’t decide what I do in my free time but they decide what school I go to and where I live. If a child was 14 and they told their parents they wanted to get drop out of school and become an astronaut a parent can make the decision that they stay in school.
It is possible to fall in love at first sight. I am neutral because yes you can fall in love with someone’s physical appearance and find them attractive. An example of this would be seeing a very attractive person and walking up to them thinking you are in love with them then finding out they are completely insipid. I think you can only fall in love after you get to know a person and their personality.
Telling lies or hiding the truth is acceptable for the right reasons. I strongly agree with this statement because I believe what a person does not know can’t hurt them. I think people are better of being happy and sometime when you tell a person his truth you can hurt their feelings or make them angry. For example I don’t mind if someone lies to me as long as I don’t find out. I don’t believe all lying is bad I think sometimes it can help situations and spare people’s feelings. An example of this would be telling your friend you like her shoes but you actually hate them, you said a white lie and it did not hurt anyone.
Family feuds only affect adults. I disagree with this statement. Family feuds as I said in the title shows that it affects the whole family including the children. An example of this would be Romeo and Juliet their families were having a large conflict and it ended with them both killings themselves because it affected them just as much as it did to their parents.
There are times when arranged marriage is appropriate. I agree with this statement because arranged marriages can be accepted by both sides and is not always forced. In some countries arranged marriages are so common they have become their culture. An example of this is in Afghanistan and Pakistan. 
Each person has a soul mate. I strongly disagree with this statement because I believe this is something people believe in just to feel like they have something to look forward to. I believe you may find multiple people in the world that have a personality that connects with yours, but I don’t believe that you can be someone’s soul mate, but I do believe you can have a connection by having similar interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment